This site was designed so that you may order your textbooks to be shipped to an address designated by you or get textbook information for classes taught at Texas State University.
1. Web orders usually require 2-3 business days to process. We will do our best to process your order as quickly as possible, but please note that the level of online ordering leading up to—and going beyond—the first week of class may cause processing time to take longer than the usual 2-3 business day period.
2. Be aware that the site will be updated frequently as we receive new course materials adoptions from faculty and book shipments from vendors. Please note that because textbook information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher changes, cancelled classes, prices, etc.) we are not responsible for information used on this site for the purchase of textbooks from any other source. Students purchasing materials on this site are protected under University Bookstore's Return & Refund Policy.
3. UPS Shipments: UPS Ground is our standard shipping method. WE DO NOT SHIP TO PO BOXES. Once we have processed an order & UPS has picked up the order for shipment, UPS usually delivers the following business day anywhere in the greater Texas area. Next day delivery is not guaranteed, however, so sometimes an order might take an additional day or two to be delivered in some areas.
4. When you click the "place your order" button, we will send you an email message acknowledging receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase an item will not be complete until we send you an email notifying you that the item has been shipped.
5. You will be required to create an account when you place your first order. We will not sell or give your personal information to other parties not directly related to filling your order, unless required to do so by law. See our Privacy Information section for more information.
6. Out of Stock Items - Textbooks or merchandise unavailable at the time your order was placed WILL NOT BE BACKORDERED. If you are missing any books or merchandise, then we did not have them when the order was pulled. You have ONLY been charged for the merchandise you have received. Please reorder if necessary.
7. Online Order Cancellations : once an online order is processed or shipped, you cannot cancel the order. You will be permitted to return the books under our Return & Refund Policy, but shipping will not be refunded except in cases where the Bookstore is responsible for an error.
8. Once you have finished shopping, please proceed to the shopping basket to complete the transaction. If the website has not given you an order confirmation number, then the order is not a valid, completed order.
9. By buying from the University Bookstore you get the right book and easy returns.
10. Watch out for international and instructor editions from online sellers! These editions are not legal for resale and not eligible for buyback at the end of the term.
11. The University Bookstore is providing this information as a service to our customers. However, we cannot and will not be held responsible for any customer service, return, or refund issues related to any online merchant other than ourselves. Please be extra aware of whom you are purchasing your textbooks from.
12. Please call us at 512-245-2273 or email if you have any questions.